GREENBALL CORPORATION (GBC) LIMITED WARRANTY
You are eligible for benefits of this policy if you are the owner and original consumer of new Greenball tires, bearing Department of Transportation-assigned tire identification numbers. If you are not certain, our warranty department will verify this for you.
What is Warranted and for how long?
Your Greenball tires are warranted against failure due to factory defective materials and workmanship for four years from the date of manufacture, or two years from invoice date of purchase; verified by an original or copy of the invoice.
If the tire fails due to defective material(s) or workmanship during the first 10% of treadwear, the tire will be replaced with a new comparable tire without charge (see the section titled 'What is not covered' for complete details).
Tires that do not qualify for a free replacement will be replaced with a new comparable tire based upon the remaining value of the tire (percentage of tread worn, multiplied by our current pre-determined adjustment price). Owner is responsible for any mounting and/or balancing charges.
Definition of a Comparable Tire
A comparable new Greenball tire may be the same tire, or, in the event the tire is out of production or unavailable, the same equal construction and quality tire with different sidewall or configuration will be offered. If the tire owner requests a higher-priced tire instead, the owner must pay the price difference for the upgrade.
Treadwear is computed as a percentage of the original usable tread. This does not include the last 2/32nd inch of tread depth for safety reasons.
- All requests for claims and tire inspections must be submitted through the proper Greenball warranty channels and in accordance with our standard claim procedure.
- The tire must be the appropriate size and load range for the vehicle according to the vehicle manufacturer's recommendation.
- Relinquish ownership of the tire upon request of inspection.
- Return of non-adjustable tires will be honored with the prepayment of freight charges.
- You are responsible for payment for any extra services that you request (of the tire dealer) that are not covered by this warranty. This warranty gives you specific rights which may vary from state to state.
Note: Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damage or limit how long an implied warranty lasts, therefore, the limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights which may vary from state to state.
Please call our warranty department toll free at 866-767-9637. Our product warranty specialist will confirm the tire’s identification number and discuss your tire issue with you.
- Tire(s) must be surrendered to Greenball for inspection purposes
- If a defect is found within the approved warranty claim period, Greenball will coordinate with you to supply the proper replacement tire.
What is NOT covered by the warranty?
- Tires which have been patched, plugged, repaired, or to which liquid sealant has been applied.
- Failure, damage, or irregular wear caused by driving in violation of speed, load, or temperature ratings.
- Failure due to fire, accident, malicious mischief, improper inflation, improper use, running flat, over-loading, or road hazards. Examples of road hazards include nails, glass, foreign objects, and natural/human-made defects or obstacles such as excavations, construction, potholes, and chuckholes. Damages caused by road hazards and impacts include cuts, snags, punctures, scuffs, carcass bruises, bulges, impact breaks, and sidewall pinches.
- Tire failure or signs of premature or irregular wear from improper (under/over) inflation pressures, overloading the tire beyond maximum load capacity as stated on the sidewall, or improper wheel or tire alignment.
- Mounting, balancing, labor, or damages occurring during mounting/dismounting. Greenball does not cover loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle, costs of towing or transportation, or consequential damages of any nature.
- Tires presented by other than the original consumer.
- Tires worn past the last 2/32nd of tread depth at any point on the tread contact surface.
- Tires used in racing or competition.
- Cosmetic weather cracking or irregularities
- Damage caused by improper maintenance or service.
- Self-mounted tires - Greenball highly advises against and discourages self-mounting of tires. A professional should perform mounting services as it can be hazardous if not done correctly. Greenball does not condone non-professional mounting. Greenball cannot be held responsible for damaged items, accidents, or injuries due to a non-professional mounting of the consumer’s tires.
Greenball makes no expressed claims of expected tire wear. Variables that affect tire wear are driving/riding conditions, proper tire rotation, load and air pressures, and proper maintenance. Offroad elements are unpredictable and can cause non-warrantable damage to tires.
This limited warranty is the entire warranty given by Greenball and Greenball's complete obligation is set forth herein. There are no warranties either expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose that extend beyond the description contained herein. No Greenball representative has the authority to imply, suggest, agree, represent, warranty, or promise contrary to the terms hereof. Greenball Corporation shall not be held liable for any incidental or consequential damages. Any implied warranty, including merchantability or fitness, is limited to the duration of this written warranty or four years from the date of manufacture. Greenball Corporation limited warranty is subject to change without notice.
PROPER MAINTENANCE AND SAFETY INFORMATION
Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail due to improper maintenance or service factors, creating a risk of property damage and serious or fatal injury. For your safety, comply with the following:
- Check air pressure monthly when tires are "cold". Use an accurate tire air pressure gauge. Do not reduce pressure when tires are hot.
- Proper inflation is essential. Under-inflation produces flexing of sidewalls and builds up heat to the point that premature tire failure may occur. Over-inflation can cause the tire to be more susceptible to impact damage.
- Never overload your tires. The maximum load capacity and maximum inflation pressure are molded into the sidewall of your tire. Overloading builds up excessive heat and can lead to early tire failure. Overloading a tire will render a tire ineligible for warranty.
- Avoid damaging objects (potholes, glass, nails, curbs, etc.), which may cause internal tire damage. Continued use of a tire that has suffered internal damage (which may not be visible externally) can lead to dangerous tire failure.
- Determination of the internal damage will require dismounting of the tire and examination, which should be performed by a professional only.
WARNING: Improper tire mounting and inflation procedures may cause the tire bead to break with explosive force during installation of the tire on the rim which may cause property damage and serious or fatal injury. The rim load must equal or exceed the tire max load specifications. Clean and lubricate the rim and beads. Do not exceed the maximum recommended pressure to seal the beads. ONLY SPECIALLY TRAINED PERSONS SHOULD MOUNT TIRES.
Any questions regarding Greenball's Warranty policy, please call our warranty specialists at 1-866-767-9637.